CADRA for SpaceClaim Engineer Integrator
Bi-directional Data Exchange Brings Integrated Design Drafting and Solid Modeling to the Desktop
CADRA for SpaceClaim Engineer Integrator tightly couples CADRA Design Drafting from SofTech, Inc. with SpaceClaim Engineer, the Windows-based solid modeler from SpaceClaim Corporation. The combination of design, drafting and solid modeling capabilities gives you extraordinarily productive and cost-effective CAD/CAM seats. Engineers working in 3D who require full-featured detail drafting capability can conceptually design in SpaceClaim Engineer and then produce all of the required engineering drawings in CADRA Design Drafting. CADRA’s capabilities in this area have made it a proven leader among 2D detail drafting products. Drafters and designers can also expand any portion of their work to 3D solid modeling using SpaceClaim Engineer. Any 2D geometry represented in a CADRA drawing can be used to create a 3D solid model, thereby giving the designer or drafter better visualization of the design intent for the part or assembly. The integration of CADRA Design Drafting and SpaceClaim Engineer synergistically extends the performance of both of these industry leading CAD applications.
Why Choose CADRA for SpaceClaim Engineer Integrator?
For CADRA Users
- Integrate solid modeling on a single desktop
- Desktop prototyping capabilities to existing CADRA seats
- Photo-realistic images of work in progress
And much more...
For SpaceClaim Engineer Users
- Detail solid models quickly and efficiently
- Import data with greater ease
And much more...
- Measurable productivity gains
- Improved design quality
- Reduced design costs, faster time to market
And much more...
What You Get with CADRA for SpaceClaim Engineer Integrator
- Large assortment of context-sensitive one-touch tools
- QuickDim (for intelligent dimensioning)
- QuickPick (for rapid selection and insertion of parts)
- QuickHatch (for crosshatching)
- QuickTrim (for trimming and cornering)
- FlexDesign for variational and parametric editing
- 2D CutOut for hidden line removal
- Insight for automatic selection of definition points, end-points, mid-points, and tangencies
- Translators so you can leverage your legacy data.
- Up to 32000 internal and external library figures
- Associative detail views
- Automatic and view-specific updating of dimension styles
- Automatic projection of geometry in any view orientation
- Advanced “move” and “copy” functions
- Microsoft OLE compliant
- 64-bit double precision database
- Create and modify sophisticated 3D models quickly and easily
- Include compelling, photo-realistic renderings with proposals
- Work with 2D and 3D data from your customers and in-house CAD systems
- Provide designers with an accurate model to drive detailed design in traditional CAD
- Bid more accurately and increase win ratio by as much as 50%
- Enable engineers (and other non-CAD specialists) to work in 3D to support business growth
- Reduce concept development phase of proposal by more than 60%
- Faster time-to-market with a more streamlined detailed design process
- Low TCO (total cost of ownership) with strong ROI (return on investment) and fast pay back
- Incorporate almost any 2D, 3D, and graphical data in new proposals
- SpaceClaim’s unique Pull, Move, Fill, and Combine tools enable the fastest possible solid modeling environment
- 3D Direct Modeling makes it easy to make edits in real time during design reviews without fear of rebuild errors
- Reconfigure assemblies to quickly investigate packaging and configuration options
- 3D markup, annotations, and drawing tools enable effective 2D and 3D communication
- Material library and mass properties tools help evaluate material and weight budget trade-offs
- Automatically create BOMs and export them to Excel
- The optional KeyShot rendering package creates fast photo-realistic customer images without the hassle of traditional ray-tracers.
CAD/CAM products available from SofTech include:
- Base Products
- CADRA Design Drafting - a 2-1/2D design and drafting program designed to speed the production of mechanical drawings
- CADRA NC - a 2 through 5 axis NC programming package
- CADRA View/Check - a viewing and/or red-lining utility which provides broad access to CADRA drawings and models across the organization
- CADRA Options
- CADRADirect Suite of translators - reads and writes directly to industry leading software including CADAM, CADDS, DWG, DXF, IGES, and reads CATIA and MICROCADAM
- CADRARaster - a raster-to-vector conversion utility for converting paper drawings into CADRA files
- CADRA Autogeometry - an easy to use macro programming language
- CADRALIB/BOM - assists CADRA users in conforming to QS/ISO standards by locating parts and storing their location automatically
- CADRAEDM - manages the workflow and documents of an Engineering department, which may include CADRA files
Requirements and Licensing
CADRA for SpaceClaim is an add-on option for use with the CADRA Design Drafting application. CADRA Design Drafting is a standalone application, which runs under a license management system. Under the license manager, applications can run on single systems or local and wide area networks. License management lets you configure your system for maximum resource usage while minimizing software costs.
CADRA for SpaceClaim Engineer Integrator operates on PC's running Windows XP sp3, Windows 7
For more information please go to: http://www.spaceclaim.com/en/Support/SystemRequirements.aspx
For More Information
Contact your local SofTech representative at 1-800-800-3702 (Int’l +1-978-513-2700),
e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.