CADRA® NC Key Features
- Full control of machining variables including feed rates, speeds, offsets and other machine features
- Dynamic tool display for previewing machining operations
- Support for canned CNC cycles — Incorporate canned CNC cycles resident on individual machine tools directly into CADRA NC programs.
- Automatic roughing and pocketing routines for removing large amounts of stock from the workplace
- Feature based machining — Store and re-use objects, part features and configurations. Program it once and CADRA NC retains the proper settings.
- Fully associative tool paths — CADRA NC maintains a direct relationship between the part and its NC tool paths.
- Interactive error checking — CADRA NC constantly scans for geometric errors, potential collisions and improper tool sizes; when detected, error messages are generated to warn the user.
- Native geometry creation for making modifications to part designs without leaving the NC environment
- ASCII database representation — NC programs are saved in an ASCII format so on-the-fly changes can be made without returning to the graphic programming environment.
- Parametric editing capabilities — FlexDesign adds powerful variational and parametric capabilities to CADRA NC, enabling you to quickly and easily make design and NC programming changes
- Built-in standard high level programming commands such as IF, DO-LOOPS and JUMP — Eliminates need to use FORTRAN or C to create custom sub routines for family of parts programming.
- Tool and material libraries — Store often used tools, fixtures and materials
- Translators for leading CAD packages — CADRA NC reads CADRA databases directly. Translators are available for reading geometry in other formats including APT (Automatically Programmed Tool), CADAM, CATIA, CADDS4X/5, DXF/DWG and IGES.
- User customization tools — Add your own menus, machining methodologies and sequencing to your environment
- Post processor generator for writing custom posts for virtually any machine tool