SofTech has partnered with SpaceClaim and integrated its CADRA 2D mechanical design and drafting solution with the 3D direct modeler SpaceClaim Engineer - connecting the best of the 2D & 3D worlds!
Through the CADRA for SpaceClaim Engineer Integrator, CADRA users are able to produce 3D detailed models quickly and efficiently, integrate solid modeling with existing drafting workflows, and import data from any CAD system using SpaceClaim’s data translators. SpaceClaim users are able to create detailed engineering documentation in CADRA and easily turn existing 2D CADRA drawings and concept sketches into SpaceClaim parts and assemblies.
Why Choose SpaceClaim?
- SpaceClaim is the fastest solid modeler available, letting you process more ideas more quickly and interact directly with your customers
- Only SpaceClaim has Pull, Move, Fill, and Combine, the easiest way to do 3D
- Never experience rebuild errors or struggle with complicated constraints. Leave those problems with traditional CAD
A Quantum Leap in Engineering Productivity
SpaceClaim empowers engineers and industrial designers to be more creative and deliver products to market faster. Throughout the lean product development cycle, SpaceClaim makes it possible for engineers to easily explore their ideas and solve problems in 3D, reuse and quickly edit concept models from any CAD system, and simplify models for analysis in a fraction of the time it used to take with traditional CAD. Customers are also using SpaceClaim to bid on new projects to improve their win rates by communicating with prospects and customers in 3D.
SpaceClaim Engineer enables innovation and improves
efficiency throughout the product development cycle.
Optimizing Engineering with 3D Modeling
The rules of product development are changing. Smart manufacturers are realizing that by realigning product design activities, they can guarantee that final testing will validate expected results.
By empowering engineering with easy-to-use and powerful 3D conceptual design tools, together with access to CAE, engineers can optimize their designs before committing them to the labor-intensive detailed design process in traditional CAD.
The untapped opportunity for most manufacturers is that CAE isn’t involved until late in the product development cycle - when the fixes are often very costly. Up-front simulation avoids last-minute compromises.
Enabling Creativity to Foster Innovation and Win More Business
SpaceClaim is the only 3D direct modeler designed from the ground up to be the fastest tool available for concept design and 3D problem solving.
- Easily visualize and evaluate designs
- Achieve new levels of creativity and product innovation
- Quickly create new designs and easily change them later
- Use groundbreaking 3D modeling tools
- Reuse almost any 2D or 3D CAD file
- Bid for new business in 3D allowing engineers to propose with compelling, realistic 3D concept models
- Have complete control over assembly structures and bill of materials
Improving CAE Productivity to Reduce Lead Times
SpaceClaim Engineer improves simulation productivity by giving engineers total control of model preparation, editing, and optimization, reducing iteration and lead times significantly and getting products to market faster.
- Easily prepare CAD models for meshing and analysis
- Quickly improve and manipulate the design
- Seamlessly share design changes with the CAD team
- Fix STEP, IGES, and other imported CAD files
SpaceClaim 3D Direct Modeling is easy to learn and use and
includes basic 3D commands like Pull and Move.
Learn more about SpaceClaim and CAE Model Preparation.
Streamlining Product Design to Improve Quality and Lower Cost
SpaceClaim Engineer and CAE work together to optimize product designs before detailing in CAD. Engineers can get the engineering right and the CAD teams can produce a better detail design for manufacturing.
- Optimize against opposing design parameters, honing the understanding of ideal solutions
- Change materials, design approaches, and manufacturing processes without starting from scratch
- Reuse existing parts and designs as a starting point for new ones, applying knowledge as you discover it in CAE
- Provide accurate, solid models to the CAD team to maximize process efficiency
Getting the Job Done in Manufacturing
SpaceClaim lets anybody modify a CAD model, regardless of the constraints and history that can get in the way of finishing a project. Make last-minute edits to prepare parts for manufacturing, including:
- Additive Manufacturing (Rapid Prototyping)
- De-featuring and Adjusting for NC Programming
- Sheet Metal Manufacturing
- Mold Manufacturing
SpaceClaim in Industrial Design
SpaceClaim marries the simplicity of a surface modeler with the robust power of solid modeling. Use SpaceClaim to create quick assemblies for surfacing in your favorite surface modeler. Or, turn surface models into solids, adding rich detail.
- SpaceClaim’s direct solid modeling is the fastest way to create forms, basic concepts, and massing studies
- Directly create and edit surface curves, even if the surfaces weren’t created in SpaceClaim
- Create beautiful anti-aliased layouts of your concept and use KeyShot integration to explore textural choices and aesthetic ramifications
- Interoperate with your favorite surface modelers and enjoy direct copy-and-paste integration with Rhino and MOI
Who Benefits from Deploying SpaceClaim in Your Organization?
Engineers (and industrial designers)
- First 3D system on the market that any engineer or industrial designer can use
- Fastest 3D Direct Modeler for concept modeling ever developed
- Clear concept communication and 3D markup
- Works with data from anywhere (such as 2D, 3D, photos, sketches, and scan data)
- Best tool for CAE model creation, preparation, and optimization
Managers and IT Staff
- Lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TOC) and remarkably fast Return on Investment (ROI)
- Dramatic Improvement in time-to-CAD
- Removes expensive iterations and design delays
- 3D interaction with customers wins more business
- 3D interaction with suppliers lowers components costs
- Saves maintenance costs
- Underserved CAD users switch to SpaceClaim, saving money
- Prevents casual users from damaging expensive CAD data
- Low TOC and fast ROI
- Imports and edits any CAD data
- Cleans and simplifies any data from any CAD system
- 3D Direct Modeling is better for Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM), such as creating fixtures in hours instead of days
- Fix problems whereever you find them. easily communicating suggestions to the customer
Request More Information